DCRUST M.Ed. Admission 2022
Introduction to the course: Masters in Education is a postgraduate career course for aspirants looking out for a bright career in the field of education. The course aims at polishing the skills of the candidates and producing skilled teachers. M. ED. Is an in-depth program. It includes various subjects and concepts that are vital to education, learning as well as teaching. The course smartly covers theoretical as well as practical aspects of teaching.
DCRUST (Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Technology) is one of the finest universities in the country. Formed in 1987, the university is well-known for its excellent faculty, state of the art infrastructure and quality education. The university has empanelled some of the best teachers and professors. The university aims at facilitating research and providing quality education to students.
A Master in Education from DCRUST carries great value. Post the completion of M. ED. One can get access to multiple opportunities and career prospects.
Eligibility Criteria for M. ED. Admission 2022
As per NCTE NORMS following are the eligibility criteria for M. Ed.
- The candidate must pass B. Ed. An examination from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks in order to qualify for M. ED.
- The minimum aggregate required for SC/ST/Blind/visually impaired/differently able candidates is 47.5%.
Note: There is a reduction or relaxation of 5% for SC/ST candidates
The Merit List Of M.Ed. Admission 2022
- The merit list of candidates is prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by students in the qualifying examination. In case a candidate has passed the master’s degree exam along with the bachelor’s degree exam, then, a higher percentage of marks will be considered for admission. Candidates senior in age are given top preference for M.ED. admission.
Online M. ED. Admission Process
- The student needs to visit the official website of DCRUST to fill out the online application form for M.ED. Admission.
- The student will have to submit their email Id and phone number to register for M. ED admission.
- SMS notification will be sent on the mobile number for further communications related to admit card and the admission process.
- The candidate will have to upload all the essential documents such as the mark sheet of the qualifying examination, age proof, identity proof to complete the online application process
- The candidate will also have to upload a signature, and recent passport size photograph to apply online for M.ED admission.
- One must also make online payment of fees using online payment modes such as debit card/credit card/UPI/Net banking etc.
Documents required for online M.Ed. Admission
- Matriculation Certificate (as proof of age)
- Senior Secondary Examination Certificate
- Detailed Marks Card (DMC) of the qualifying examination
- Character Certificate from the institute last attended
- Certificate of Reserved Category and other related certificates, if applicable, as mentioned in the Prospectus
- Latest income certificate if applicable.
- Haryana resident certificate, if applicable
- Undertaking regarding Gap Year, if applicable
Counselling session for M.ED. admission 2022
DCRUST admission for M. ED is done on the basis of the merit of the students. The admission authority prepares a merit list of qualified students. Post this, the candidates are called for a counselling session with the admission department authorities. The panel of experts in the field of education conducts the counselling session. The team access the calibre of the students and interact with them to know their career goals and objectives. On the basis of their interaction with the student, specialization is suggested and allocated to the students.
M. Ed Course Syllabus
Course-I Psychology of Learning and Development
Course-II Historical, Political and Economic foundations of education
Course-III Education Studies
Course-IV Introduction to Educational Research
Course-V-A Internship: Teacher Education Institute (Phase-I, Three Weeks)
Course-V-B Communication and Expository Writing
Course-V -C Self Development
Course-I Philosophical Foundations of Education
Course-II Sociological foundations of Education
Course-III Curriculum Studies
Course-IV Pre-Service & In-service Teacher Education
Course-V-A Internship: Teacher Education Institute (Phase-II, Three Weeks)
Course-V-B Academic Writing
Course-I Specialization of Course-I:
- Institutional Planning and Management (Elementary Level) OR
- Institutional Planning and Management (Secondary Level)
Course-II Specialization of Course-II:
- Issues, curriculum and Assessment ( Elementary Level) OR
- Issues, curriculum and Assessment(Secondary Level)
Course-III Advance Educational Research
Course-IV Perspectives Research and Issues in Teacher Education
Course-V Internship in Specialized Area (In School; 28 Days)
Course-I (Elective First) Specialization of Course-I:
Choose any one of the following: i. Advance Curriculum Theory (Elementary Level).
- Advance Curriculum Theory (Secondary Level)
iii. Pedagogy of Science Education (Elementary Level)
- Pedagogy of Mathematics Education (Elementary Level)
- Pedagogy of Language Education ( Elementary Level)
- Pedagogy of Social Science Education ( Elementary Level)
vii. Pedagogy of Science Education (Secondary Level)
viii. Pedagogy of Mathematics Education (Secondary Level)
- Pedagogy of Language Education (Secondary Level)
- Pedagogy of Social Science Education (Secondary Level)
- Approaches to Assessment (Elementary Level)
xii. Approaches to Assessment (Secondary Level)
Specialization of Course-II:
Course-II Choose any one of the following: (Elective)
- Educational Policy, Economics &Planning (Elementary Level)
- Educational Policy, Economics &Planning (Secondary Level)
Course-III (Elective Third) Specialization of Course-III Chooses any one of the following:
- Educational Management, Administration & Leadership (Elementary Level)
- Educational Management, Administration & Leadership (Secondary Level)
OR choose Any Two (one from each group)
- Value Education
- Distance and Open Learning
iii. Educational Technology
- Guidance and Counseling
- Measurement and Evaluation.
- Environmental Education
vii. Inclusive Education
Job and career prospects after M. ED.
Education and teaching are one of the most promising fields. There are immense job and career opportunities available for candidates with a professional degree. Career enthusiasts can also opt for further studies by enrolling for a PhD. Post the completion of DCRUST M. ED. One can pursue jobs in the public and private sectors.
Some common job profiles for M. ED graduates include:
- Career counsellor
- Home tutor
- Online tutor
- Instructional Technologist
- Curriculum Developer